Thursday, May 21, 2009

"My new grandparents!"

The other day Zoe asked me if we can go see her "new grandparents."

I asked, "your new grandparents?  Who are they?  Oh, you mean your Great-grandparents?" She nodded yes.

"Yeah, I want to go to their house and play with the wheel and drive the ship!"  (See wheel below.)
We took a trip to visit Zoe's Great-Grandparents a couple of weeks ago.  She's only seen them 3 or 4 times before, so I was afraid she'd be a bit shy when seeing them.  Well, she walked right into their house and made herself right at home.  She sought out everything that looked like a toy and made it her own...the ship's wheel quickly became her favorite.

She also kept asking me for some Cheerios.  I kept telling her that I didn't think they had any Cheerios.  But, sure enough, she was right.  She had spied the Cheerios on top of the refrigerator.  See...right at home!
GGpa- a WWII Navy vet - gave Miss Zoe one of his model planes to hang in her room!  An Avenger Torpedo Bomber he made himself.  Not the typical gift for a little girl but she loves planes! She wants to play with it so bad - but it is very delicate, so she can only admire it from afar! I'm sure this plane will be cherished forever!

Zoe shows off her cheesy smile with GGpa & Grandma Sharon...

Zoe giggles with GGma-
and gives her some love!
So sweet!  She loves her "new grandparents!"



No comments:

Post a Comment